Saturday, October 27, 2012

MONSTER MASH spooks Rota Springs

On this days before Hurricane Sandy strikes, but maybe not as harsh as Irene but still a strong storm for New England (The Power crews are getting better prepared for this but I am still vigilant and prepared to buy some eatra ice to protect my ice cream stock from spoiling), I have another monster in my hands.  The Monster mash is a pink ice cream with chips and other chocolate stuff that's mixed in.
For you all fans out there of Rota Springs, well, october is nearing it's end and next weekend will be the last weekend they will be open.  Still, it's more apropriate time, since the closure is after Halloween, and ice cream really winds down during the month of November.  Bedford Farms and Richardsons are open year round.  That, on top of that I have a large stock of ice cream should be enough to get me through until Rota and Kimball opens again next March (Around March 9/10 for Rota Springs, Third Week of March for Kimballs).
 
Anyways, after my usual Meatball Sub (Yea, who hates these at Rota Springs, especially when they come from grass-fed beef), I had a specialty flaver, which is Monster Mash.
It sure does looks like Strawberry with Chips in it.  But one thing's for sure, I problably remember that this thing tasted from a cross between cotten candy and strawberry as far as the base flaver.  But the mix ins are problably cake or brownie bits or oreo cookies mixed in.
 
Anyways, Happy Halloween...and Prepare for Sandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment