Friday, November 2, 2012

Sandy Aftermath: Rota Springs

After the historic storm hits (Well, didn't lose power per-se, but they turned it off for a time during a repair (though, not long enough to cause my ice cream to spoil), I went to see how things were doing at Rota Springs.  Well, their season is ending this Sunday, though, I did stock up for the season on egg nog, apple pie, monster mash, and indian pudding.
Well, it didn't effect this place that much, other then losing part of a tree in the cow's pasture, and the fact that they didn't have lemonade, so I had to do without a drink.  However, they still had my meatball sub.  I had a brownie sundae with indian pudding and monster mash.
I think they should have called this "Brownie Boat".  Anyways, what makes this better then Kimballs is the fact you can have two flavers.
 
I did checked Kimball Farms, they are fine.  They just don't serve ice cream right now with the exception of half gallons (as of right now, Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Coffee, Black Raspberry, Banana, and Butterscotch).  Grrrgh, if only they would open the boxes and serve them cups of ice cream in the country store.

No comments:

Post a Comment