Friday, December 21, 2012

Putnam Pantry - Danvers MA

Located at the route 1, 62 intersection in the cloverleaf, this place may be known for the candies (I did purchase a few for the holiday break, I also went in for the ice cream, which was visited by the Phantom Gormet.
As soon as I entered the house, I can hear the floor creek as soon as I walked in.  It's been here since the 1700s, making this an oldest chocolate place in New England, as far as I know.  It's got some Christmas related chocolates, as well as other stuff like chocolate covered Coconut clusters, peanut butter cups, and fudges.

But the ice cream is a first.  24 flavers of ice cream (Well, I didn't ask where the ice cream came from).  The question is, did I order the battle of bunker hill?  No.  Maybe I will challenge it one day.  Instead, I ordered a banana split consisting of cookies and cream, moose tracks, and Dino crunch.  They just put the ice cream and bananas on the plate (Yup, that's right, they give you a dish for your ice cream to put on).  That's where the fun begins.

Right after you pay, you go to the toppings bar, which is called the Smorgasboard there.  Well, not as much as Hebert Candy Mansion, this thing has a few liquid toppings including marshmelows, butterscotch, and chocolate, and several other dry toppings.

Now, another unique experience is, you leave your trash on the table.  Wow.  I wander if someone is paid extra for being maid for these customers, but that's some unique service.  Meanwhile, after my ice cream, I did purchase a few chocolate items before I left, including a few peanut butter santas, fudge, and a few other chocolate pieces.
Again, sorry if the photo was bad, but anyways, it's what consumer's capabilities of creating a banana bliss out of a banana split.  The problem?  It's located right at the cloverleaf, so I had to miander my way around to finally get in the place.

Putnam Pantry - Danverse MA

Open Year Round
Hours: Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment