Thursday, December 27, 2012

Shot Cakes - Burlington Mall - Burlington MA

Cupcakes shot with Ice Cream.  Well, Maybe some people will get the new stuff here, but if you are a true ice cream fan, then you may know that you can order a small ice cream with the cupcake, mix it up, and get something better.
Please note that this image is directly from Shot-Cakes.com website, as there's no cameras allowed in the mall, and I used my iPod Touch to take a pic of my shotcake, which was a chocolate fudge cupcake filled with vanilla ice cream.

You go up to the counter, order a cupcake, and then shoot yourself a choice of chocolate or vanilla ice cream into the cupcake, and there's your dessert.  Seems great, but did I had cake and ice cream before?  Certainly.  The Phantom Gormet may make it look good, but in reality, it ends up as something that I had before, where I know that I can have something better like going to Crumbs and ordering a cupcake, then going to an ice cream place, order a small ice cream, mix it up, and get something many times better then this.

But while we've seen this "somewhat before", it does demonstrate that bakeries and ice cream parlors can go together well.  Maybe I can go to Kimball Farms, order a cupcake from the country store, then go to the ice cream stand and order myself a kiddie or a small ice cream, and have something just as good.
My final thoughts of shot-cakes: Is it good?  Yea, it's not a bad place.  But is it overrated?  Yes.  For ice cream lovers who go across New England, a true ice cream experience may be instead Richardson's ice cream, Kimballs, or Putnam Pantry.  Now if only they added a bakery section, then you can make your own cupcake sundae.

Shot-Cakes - Burlington.
Open Year Round

See Burlington Mall hours.

Website: www.shot-cakes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment