Saturday, August 18, 2012

Another Trip to Rota Springs Farm

On a day I lucked out, as far as the weather is concerened, after a walk at a park today, I decided to take another trip to Rota Springs Farm today.  This ice cream place, known for it's famous Indian Pudding, is currently one of the top four picks, along with Kimball Farms, Great Brook Farm, and Bedford Farms.

Boy, I tell you, this place, though it recently got an addition for the country store, is screaming for more expansions.  This place dearly needs a miniature golf course, since it's already getting attention by a lot of people.  It doesn't have the traffic that Kimball Farms has, but that's because it's only been arround for about 10 to 15 years.  But the rural location, along with the cows grazing as you eat your food here makes a great place for lunch, as well as ice cream.

The only problem is that it is located far away from a interstate highway, making this place a chore to go to.  You go off of 495, and try to follow route 62, but even that you have to deal with turns, red lights, and yes, a four-way stop sign.

Anyways, my lunch today was a ham and cheese sub with everything on it.  Again, it was a good size sub with lots of ham in it.  The everything on top of it was an average thing...lettuce, tomato, mayo, unions, pickles, whatever.


But instead of a Banana Split (I already had a banana split the night before), I ordered what the guy at WeAllScreamForIceCream ordered...a sugar cone with Indian Pudding and Main Wild Blueburry.


Sure enough, the difference between my version and his version is that they flip flopped the ice cream with the Indian Pudding on top of the Blueburry!  As soon I lay my mouth on the indian pudding, it seems that the ice cream WANTS to be a fall seasonal flaver, but I choose to resist the need, and instead have that every time I go to Rota Springs Farm, wheather it's March or November.  Hell, Maybe one day they may have Indian Pudding soft serve.

As I was eating the ice cream, this thing melted, as of, when I went down to the blueburry, it was dripping all over my hand!  At that point, I was licking the BOTTOM to play the game of "fight the dripping before my clothes get soiled"  I don't know why, but it wasn't that hot out.  Imagine if I ordered a 3-scoop ice cream cone...I would be covered in ice cream before I finished that thing.

Anyways, I picked up a pint of indian pudding before I left this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment