Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Laughing Kookaburra at Kimball Farms, and the Fall Flavors Arrives!

Oh, let me see.  I gourged on ice cream this weekend, from the six-scoop banana split to the fall banana split over this weekend.  Now, I just have to get back on track this monday and start being healthy.  I tell you, the weather this weekend was a feel more like the carribean than being in Westford Massachusetts.  Maybe that someone went back from the carribean and brought the weather with him, but man, It was oppressive as s__t during the past weekend.

Anyways, I decided to go to Kimball to see what things are going on.


As usual, I went on the bumper boats, and then had a burger and rested for a bit tonight.  As I walked around, I noticed that there is a new thing, which is, amazingly, the Laughing Kookaburra!  Although he was shy at this time, it was amazing that this animal, responsible for the jungle laughing animal SFX, would arrive at this farm.



From there, I went to the ice cream stand to order a banana split.  But to my amazement, they had the pumpkin and gingersnap molasses!  YAY!  I actually talked to them, and they say that it's two of the most popular flavors at Kimballs.  So, for my banana split, I ordered Pumpkin, Gingersnap Molasses, and Butter Pecan as my ice cream flavors.  What a great early day to start the fall season...Oh, way, it's still August 12th?  But somehow, fall is my best season around.  Too bad that Kimballs don't serve ice cream past columbas day, with the exception of selling the leftovers.  But on the other hand, Rota Springs sells ice cream till mid November.  But here it is: The Fall-type Banana Split!


Yea.  It is a double edge sword.  My best flavors of Kimballs, but also, a bitter sweet end to the 2012 season.  Only 8 weeks left.  I just can't believe that time has flown right by.  At least, during the last few weeks, I can enjoy my apple crisp.  But also, at least, Rota Springs Farm is open for a few more weeks after this place closes.  And I will always order my last Banana Split on Columbus Day.

Just keep begging Kimball to keep selling Ice Cream till at least after New Years Day.  Oh, by the way, did you know King Richard Faire opens up in three weeks?  That's another biggy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment