Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rota Springs Farm: The Triple Berry Crisp

It seems that it's my love with Rota Springs Farm during the last few weeks lately, and that this place, although it's just screaming for a lounge area and a mini golf course so that this place ought to be designed to stay here for a few hours and take a rest and look at the cows and the goats for a while, while sometimes, I can order up a supersized 6-scoop banana split, like in the fall where I can order up a pumpkin, apple pie, hopefully a sweet potato flavered ice cream, as well as a maple walnut, a butter pecan, and lastly, indian pudding.

Hopefully, there will be an additional sign below that that says: "MINIATURE GOLF!"

Yea, Every time I go here, I just think to this self like: "This place NEEDS a miniature golf to complete this ice cream stand.  But on the other hand, it's a young ice cream stand with some more stuff here, and they do sell subs, and even chili, as well as meatballs.  Maybe if they start selling spaghetti with meatballs, and a few other stuff here, hell, we can have something that compares to the grill and seafood shack at Kimball Farms, but on another flare.

Well, anyways, this time, I ordered a chili bowl for a small lunch today.
It's an average size bowl, with some meat and tomato chunks in it.  It's a little spicy, but it's a pretty good chili they serve here.

Now, knowing that I had my banana split here before, and my two scoop cones of Maine Blueberry and Indian Pudding, the same thing that WeAllScreamForIceCream had on his first visit towards Rota Springs, this time I went with the specialty ice cream sundae: a triple Berry crisp with indian pudding ice cream.
 
It sure does taste like a combination of summer and fall, a great dessert for the end of the summer and the beginning of fall.  I do believe, because the bottom was hot enough to melt the Indian Pudding ice cream above it, it seems like the ice cream above it was loose like a bowl upside down over a liquid, that just moves every time you stick a spoon in it.  It's actually a mixture of Blueberries, black raspberries, and strawberries (Well, I don't remember) with the crisps in it.  I do believe that in September, they will offer apple crisp.  I may get that, with indian pudding ice cream.  Maybe they may have indian pudding itself come this fall, so why not have that, WITH indian pudding ice cream.
 
But speaking of fall, yea, it's a double edge sword.  I usually take vacation in October, because it's not humid at that time, and you get all the foliage.  But on the downside, all these great ice cream stands shut down.  Oh, well, at least in late October you still get Bedford Farms (Bedford shops opens till the second weekend of December), Rota Springs (Open till the second week of November), and Great Brook Farms (Till perhaps Halloween).  The other, well, so so news is that Rota Springs is open during my time off, so I can still go there.  But we can all demand those Ice Cream stands to remain open for just a bit longer, at least till after thanksgiving, or perhaps after New Years, for like weekends.  Maybe when the second week of November comes in, I can order a few quarts of Indian Pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment