Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rota Springs Farm: (The Six-scoop Banana Split)

This is the Ice Cream place that was favorited by We All Scream for Ice Cream, a blogger from Wordpress, doing Ice Cream tours and usually orders a cone, while I do the banana splits. That person usually orders a cone with Indian Pudding as one of the flavors.
(PHOTO FROM WEALLSCREAMFORICECREAM.WORDPRESS.COM)

Well, my experience on this hot and humid Saturday after a trip to Douglas State Forest, starts off with a meatball sub, then looking around at the goats, and finally, my six (get this, 6 flavor, banana split).

I then ordered a meatball sub, in which they have it from 11:30pm to 6:30.  It was a good size sub, with good size meatballs.  I also had a lemonade, since I was so thirsty from that air that felt like the carribean.  I mean seriously.  The forest I went to felt more like I was in a tropical rainforest.
After I ate the sub, I peaked at the goats they have there.  One of the goat seams to pop out of the others.  It so seams to have these gray ears pop out of the black color.
Anyways, after pearing at the goat, I ordered the banana split.  Of the six flavors, I ordered: Milky Way, Chocolate Peanutbutter Cookiedough, Pineapple Coconut, New York Cheesecake, Chocolate Chip Crunch, and lastly, the Weallscreamforicecream favorate: Indian Pudding.  It was a good size banana split, possibly bigger then the one served at Kimball Farms.  Basically, it's three by a stack of two.  The indian pudding was the last flavor that went, which was on the botton.  It was a pretty interesting flavor.  I thought about ordering a pint or a quart of that, but I would wait until the last days they are opened.


Actually, the indian pudding was on the botton with the chocolate peanutbutter cookiedough sitting on top of the popular flavor.


Anyways, will Rota Spring farm expand and compete with Kimball Farm?  Only time will tell, but they do offer somethings similar.  They also have a country store, but it's not like Kimball, although they do sell soaps, cookies, and plenty of vegtables.

Well, anyways, they offer a three-scoop small, but also a kiddie 2-scoop banana double.

Now, let's tell WeAllScreamforIceCream, and petition Rota Springs Farm to open all year round, and perhaps expand further.  I do believe that this, along with Bedford Farms and Great Brook Farm, could spell serious competition to Kimball Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment