Sunday, September 16, 2012

Kimballs at Jaffery NH

First of all, all you Kimbal fans out there, start petitioning to sell ice cream in the country store in Westford (on a limited bases throughout the winter), because the thing is: only three weeks remain.  Petition, enjoy as much ice cream from there as you can, and think about what you want your flavers when you stock up for the winter.

Anyways, on this beautiful Sunday on my trip to Monadnock St. Park, I stop by here for lunch, at this Jaffery NH Kimballs.  Unlike the other places, with the exception of the Bates farm in Carlisle, this is a full blown casual restaurant with indoor-outdoor seating (something that Kimballs should consider doing to the Westford and Lancaster locations).  Because it's just a few minutes away from Mt. Monadnock, you can take your food to the summit and eat there.  Maybe even ice cream (if you can bring your personal cooler with ice in it, so you can have a sundae at the top of the mountain.
Quite frankly, if you look on the right side, you can see Mt. Monadnock, which is like a "Nature's Picture" for this place that you can stare at, when you eat your meal and ice cream.  But what's unique about this place, you can try out the ranchburger, which consists of two patties.  But if you want to take Kimballs with you to the mountain, then I suggest you get something that doesn't spoil, like a ham and cheese sandwich.  Make sure you bring bags with you to pack up the potato salad or whatever you are bringing with you.
 
The country store in this place just sells it's usual fashions, like jams and jellies and candy.  But because of the full blown restaurant, this country store doesn't sell breakfast foods.  So you have to either stop by at the westford or lancaster location to get the breakfast food before you set off here.
 
Needless to say, I got the ranchburger, and this sundae, which consists of pumpkin, gingersnap molassis, and indian pudding (one of the best flavers of the fall), though, on my next apple crisp, I will order pumpkin next time.  It's a large sundae after eating a ranch burger, but certainly, the calories are needed to climb the mountain.
Now, I tell you, that's some fall treat there.  Pumpkin, Gingersnap, and Indian Pudding.  That's all three flavers in this Tripledae.  Yes, I call it a tripledae, because it's three scoops and three toppings plus whip cream and nuts.  But the final sundae, which I may order on Columbus day, will contain my flavers for the year before this close.  But as far as stocking up, I am problably going to do four flavers: Pumpkin, Gingersnap Molassis, Indian Pudding, and the Chocolate Truffle sundae.  I say only one other one, because there are ice creams that are open year round.  Furthermore, I may not eat these fall flavers till after October when my vacation is up.

Well, anyways, the last photo is my view of the summit.  It's not perfect since I left my main camera in the car, but thankfully, my iPod has a camera on it, so it's not the best picture.
Well, again, if you are a fan of Kimball's ice cream, here are three things you can do: Tell Josh Kimball demanding them to keep selling ice cream, at least a few flavers in the country store at least in the Westford Location during the winter, enjoy as MUCH ice cream as you can before the season ends, and on Columbas Day, STOCK UP, STOCK UP, STOCK UP! (And perhaps purchase some Savaday trays and scoops to create your Tripledae at home!
 
Anyways, the ice cream stands I may be visiting next month are Jim's Ice Cream barn, Richardson's, The Frosty Dog, and perhaps Crescent Dairy

No comments:

Post a Comment