Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Apple Crisp arrives at Rota Springs Farm!

Take my Indian Pudding and place it in Apple Crisp.  Hmmmm, Now This is two worlds come together for a fall Ice Cream, perfect for a Labor Day thing.  Yea, another terrible dieting weekend, but hey, it's the holiday.  Again, on Tuesday, it's back to healthy eating.

Anyways, from Douglas State Forest, walking to the try-state mark, I decided to take another trip to Rota Springs, one of the four (maybe 5) of my top rated ice cream places, and see what's going on.

It was indeed a perfect weather for this...in the 70s and sunny weather.  But every time I go here and look at the goats, I feel like that this place really needs a mini-golf place and some place to lounge and just take my time to eat my ice cream here.

I first ordered my meatball sub here with American cheese...Yea, they do serve great meatball subs here.  How about if they expand the menu in the years to come to serve some pizza, and perhaps pasta with meatballs, even expanding the side order menus to include salads and even frest fruit, because I don't eat potato chips on the menu.

But of course, what can you do wrong with a meatball sub anyways.  Of course it can get messy, so I had to use a fork and knife to cut some of the sub in order to eat it.  But this can be better if they start having spaghetti and sauce, and perhaps extend the lunch servings till about an hour before closing.  Heck, maybe they can add some "cafe" in the store.  But anyways, again, this is a young ice cream stand and with demand, they could make this a year-round ice cream/luncheon stand!

Next comes the lunch dessert, which is the apple crisp.  Since on my last blog, I stated that "Now if I can get some indian pudding ice cream on top of the apple crisp".  Well, that's what I ordered...Apple Crisp with Indian Pudding.  That's my rule.  When you come to Rota Springs, Indian Pudding is always on my order.  Now if they would have allowed more then one flaver, my second flaver would have been Apple Pie or Pumpkin.  But again, later this month, I plan on having another 6-scoop banana split.  Of course, Indian Pudding is one of the flavers, but the rest is the fall flavers and if I ran out of the flavers, then the other flavers on the regular menu that goes together with the fall flavers, which is perferrably, butter pecan (or any butter-based) ice cream, and Maple Walnut.

Indeed, that's excatly what I hoped!  They have great Apple Crisp (maybe rivaling Kimball's apple crisp), and the Indian Pudding goes very well with the Apple Crisp on it.  Maybe Rota Springs could start serving Indian Pudding (not the Ice Cream) itself, and I could order Indian Pudding Ice Cream on it, with whipped cream.  But the blend of Apple Crisp with Indian Pudding really enhances the flavers, just as great as chocolate and coconut.  And being that this place doesn't close till November means that my full time on my october vacation can be enjoyed here, unlike Kimballs and Great Brook.

No comments:

Post a Comment